Is your Hp Printer Keeps Saying Out Of Paper?
An HP printer that says it’s out of paper basically means there’s a problem with the sheets it’s feeding.
This common problem can be detected when the paper input tray is full. Also, the paper feed or paper feed rollers can be affected by dust or moisture.
So the paper can be put in the tray, but the printer does not recognize it. Because of this, the error message “The HP printer says there is no paper“ may appear on display.
You can check the print paper status to resolve this message and problem. You can try to fix the settings of the printer.
Now we find more fixes for paper problems in HP printers.
We’ll help you figure out in-depth fixes like checking the Print Spooler service, resetting your HP printer, updating your printer driver, and more.
These fixes may also be suitable for HP printers used on Windows 10 computers.
What Does It Mean When Hp Printer Keeps Saying Out Of Paper?
The HP printer reports an error that it has run out of paper.
No paper may be loaded into the device’s input tray. The printing press may also malfunction.
As a result of this issue, you may receive the message Hp Printer Says Out of Paper But Has Paper. Printing may not be possible until the news is resolved.
Reasons Behind The Error
There can be several reasons why the Hp Printer Keeps Saying Out Of Paper. Some of these factors are mentioned in this section. You can view them below:
- The paper feed roller of your HP printer may become clogged with paper debris, dust, etc.
- Your device driver may be out of date.
- Using low-quality paper can cause this problem.
- You can use printing paper with curled edges.
- Your printer’s paper input tray may be full.
- There may be compatibility issues with your HP printer on Windows.
- Some print jobs may be waiting. They may be stuck in the print queue of your HP printer.
- A print spooler usually causes your device to encounter this problem.
How To Fix When Printer Says Out of Paper?
The print paper loaded in the HP printer may not be in good condition.
Checking the status before inserting the paper tray fixes the “Hp Printer Paper Jam” issue but it doesn’t.
To avoid this problem, it is necessary to clean the paper feed rollers. With this, you need to check if the Print Spooler service is working.
1. Check the Condition Of Printing Paper
HP printers may display an error message stating that there is no printer paper. This message usually appears when the condition of the print paper is not good.
Therefore, if printing paper in an unlikely condition is added to the input tray of your machine, you may see such a message.
To help you solve this problem message on your HP printer, we have collected 5 tips in this section.
You can check these tips if the Hp printer paper Not Feeding carefully. Soon the message will stop showing on your device display.
- Make sure you use blades of the same size and type.
- Consider loading paper from the tray. Check for creases or damage, especially around the edges.
- Align the print sheets. Check that the volume is uniform.
- Try loading 25 sheets or less in the printer’s input tray.
- Make sure you use only quality printing paper.
Once you read and understand these tips, printing a test page can be a breeze. The test page should print correctly.
If you find that this page won’t print and your HP printer still says out of paper, you can try the next troubleshooting steps.
2. Clean The Paper Feed Rollers
In several situations, users have shared that their Hp Printer Says Out of Paper But Has Paper.
The printer may display this error due to dirty paper feed rollers. Some parts of your HP printer tend to collect dust.
One of its components is rollers. Our experts believe that if such a defect is detected, the rollers should be cleaned.
To clean the paper feed rollers on your HP printer, you can turn off the device first. Unplug the power cord and check that the input tray is empty.
Then open the device access cover to reveal the paper feed rollers. You can use a cloth slightly moistened in distilled water.
Once they are cleaned and the rollers are no longer wet, you can put the access cover on the HP printer. As a final step, just print a test page.
- Start by turning off your HP printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the device.
- Make sure that no sheets are loaded in the machine’s input tray.
- After installation, remove the circuit boards.
- The access cover of the HP printer must be open.
- Paper feed rollers can be found here.
- Take a clean cloth. Now take distilled water into a bowl.
- Lightly dip the cloth in distilled water and begin cleaning the paper feed rollers.
- Wait until the roller is completely dry.
- Do not use compressed air or a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
- After the cleaning process is complete and the rollers are dry, you can store some sheets in the input tray.
- Make sure the HP printer access cover is closed.
- Wait for the printer to go into idle and silent mode.
- Try to test the printed page now.
3. Reset the Hp Printer
In a situation Hp Printer Keeps Saying Out Of Paper when there is paper in the input tray, there is a problem with the device.
If the problem is minor, resetting the HP printer should fix it. You can Reset Hp Printer by turning it off and disconnecting any cable connected to it.
Allow 30 seconds to pass. Then connect each of the cables and start the HP printer. You should be able to print on your device without any problems.
- Turn off the HP printer.
- Disconnect all cables connected to it.
- Wait 30 seconds. Then connect the cables one by one.
- Turn on the device.
- Print the document or image when you’re ready to use it.
- The device no longer reports that it is out of paper.
In this guide, we have discussed why is Hp Printer Keep Saying Out of Paper. A number of reasons could be responsible for the error which we have already explained above. If there is something you need to ask, our experts will be happy to help you.