Is your Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly? This is one of those common issues that trouble the users a lot. To fix this issue, we have found some of the easy methods which we are going to tell you below.
A wireless printer is really very helpful. With the help of it, you can print the documents from anywhere. But, we understand how you would feel when that printer stops working in the right manner.
This would be a great experience if you haven’t tried to fix the issue like this.
Easy Steps To Fix Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly
If your Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly then try the steps that have been given below. Try each step one by one and troubleshoot the issue of Hp Printer Not Printing
1. Check Basics
- First, make sure that you have turned ON the Hp Printer
- Now, connect the Hp Printer with the computer device
- Check the toner, paper, and the paper queue of the Hp printer. This is because of low toner, wrong paper size, this issue of Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly persists
- Check if you see any red light or other kinds of warning on the printer
- Ensure that your printer is properly connected with the wifi network
- With the help of a USB cable, connect your Hp Printer with the router and check again
- Minimize the distance between the router and the wifi. Many times people placed the printer far from the router. Hence, too much distance from the router causes Hp Printer Not Printing Anything
- Also, check if you are using any wifi extender to maximize the connectivity range. If yes, then remove the extender and put the printer closer to the router
- In case you have recently updated any software, firewall update, or browser the uninstall the update now. There are chances that the issue is generated because of the updated version
2. Set Hp Printer As Default Printer
Many times it happens that a virtual printer sets itself as the default printer instead of an actual Hp printer. Hence, you have to remove that printer and set the Hp printer as the default printer to resolve Hp Printer Not printing Wirelessly issue.
Try the steps that have been given below to resolve the issue:
- Turn on your computer and click Start>Control Panel>Hardware Sound
- Choose the option of “devices and printer”
- Right-click on the Hp printer and set it as the default printer
- To confirm your action click on the Yes
- And this is how you can easily set the Hp printer as your default printer
3. Restart All Devices To Resolve Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly
Sometimes, just by a simple restarting all the issues got resolved easily. So, don’t think too much and restart all the devices such as the router, printer, and computer.
To do so, remove all the cables that are connected to these devices. Check if all the cables are working fine or not.
Replace the cables with the new one if found damaged.
Wait for some time and then reconnect all the cables again. Turn on the devices and check if Hp Printer Wont Print Correctly or not
4. Printer Troubleshooter
If you have tried each and everything and is still troubling with the issue then try to run the printer troubleshooter and fix the concern.
To do so, follow the steps that have been given below:
- Open the control panel followed by “Hardware and Sound” then “Devices and printers”
- Right-click on the icon of the Hp printer and then select Printer troubleshooter
- Now, go to the search box and then type “printing problem in”.
- Run the troubleshooter and it will tell all the issues that are creating hue in the path of printing
5. Check The Settings Of Router
In case, you have recently changed wifi connection and after that, the issue of Hp Printer Not printing Wirelessly comes into the picture then check the settings.
The new router needs reconfiguration as it may have a different ISP address. To adjust the setting of the router, follow the steps that have been given below:
- Open the browser and then type the IP address and click enter
- In the admin box type “admin” and in the password box type “password”
- Find the option of wireless or security section and then change the settings accordingly
Few important things that you should check in the settings are as follows:
- Disable the MAC address filtering as it will make your network insecure
- The frequency of the router should be 2.4 GHz
- Select a wifi channel that is used least in comparison with other channels
- Disable the wireless isolation mode setting and then connect the printer again
- To allow your printer to communicate over the network, acquire an IP address, and to attempt reconnection, enable DHCP
6. Update Firmware Of The Router
If you have changed all the settings of the router and are still facing the issue of Hp printer Not printer Wirelessly then update the firmware.
To update the firmware of the router, go to the official website of the Hp printer and download the file. Install the file and update the router to fix the bugs and other router related issues.
7. Disable VPN Connections
In case, you are using a virtual private network so as to connect to a remote network then it may be the main cause behind Hp Printer Not Working
This all happens just because of security reasons. Hence, disable VPN connections and connect the printer with the home network to remove the error.
8. Make The IP Address Static
Let us tell you that IP addresses used to fluctuate in a particular range sometimes on the same spot too.
Hence, it would be better if you will make the IP address static to remove the issue.
9. Firewall Settings
The firewall is specially designed so that it can block any malware attacks. But, sometimes it blocks the network connection too.
This overprotection of the firewall stops the printer to work properly and the user ends up asking Why Hp Printer Not Printing accurately.
So always keep the software up to date and set the firewall setting to medium.
10. Uninstall And Reinstall Hp Printer Driver And Software
By reinstalling the driver of the printer and software will resolve the issues like HP Printer Problem with Printhead, Hp Printer Not Printing Double Sides, HP Printer Not Printing in Black, Hp printer Not Printing In Color, etc.
- Open “control panel” and click on “programs”
- Tap on “programs and features” and choose “uninstall a program”
- Select the name of the printer and then confirm your action by clicking “yes”
- Now, turn On your Hp Printer
- Go to the official site of the printer and search for the driver of your model
- Install the driver by following the instructions provided on the screen
- You can also install the driver via CD that you got with the printer
Follow the steps given below when the driver will not get installed…
- Click on start<settings<devices
- Select the option of “printers and scanners”
- Click on “printer server properties” under “related setting” option
- Check for your printer inside the “drivers” tab
- If you found your printer there then good, if not, then click on “add”
- In the “Welcome to the add printer driver” wizard, click on Next
- In the “process selection” box, click on the device’s architecture
- Click NEXT
- Under the option of “printer driver selection” select your manufacturer and select the driver of the printer and click “NEXT”
11. Uninstall And Reinstall Printer
If you have tried all the above-given steps and are still dealing with Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly then try to reinstall the printer.
- To uninstall the printer click on START>SETTINGS>DEVICES.
- Click on “printers and scanners” and then find out the name of your printer
- Click on the name of the printer and make it uninstall
- To reinstall the printer again, follow Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select “Add a printer or scanner”.
- From the list that has been given below, choose your printer and click on “Add a device”
12. Reset Hp Printer Spoiler
The printer spoiler helps to manage the printing process. In the case of the Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly then there are the chances that the printer spooler is not working fine.
Hence, you have to clear the spooler files and restart the service of the spoiler.
- Open the search box and click “services”
- From the search results, click on “services”
- Click on the “standard” tab
- Double click “Printer spoiler”
- Click on “stop”
- Press OK
- In the search box, type “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers”.
- From the search result that will appear on the screen select “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS”
- Delete all the files that you will find in this folder
- Now, open the search box again and write “services”
- Again, click on the “standards” tab and open “printer spoiler”
- Click on “start”
- Click OK
13. Reset your Hp Printer
This is the last and one of the most effective methods that we are going to tell you. This will definitely resolve the issue of Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly.
It will clear all the wifi or printer settings including login credentials. You can easily reset your printer via the manual that you got with the printer.
Still Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly???
We know that it is not easy for you to troubleshoot the issue by yourself. It’s good if you have tried all the steps. The process is a little bit hard, hence some of you might still dealing with the issue Hp Printer Not Printing Wirelessly
Hence, stop panic and call us via Hp Printer Helpline Number Now.
Our technicians will call you back and will resolve all the issues related to Hp Printer. They are experienced to deal with all the issues.