We have discovered several easy and quick methods to fix when Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable in Windows 10 and Mac.
Although, this is one of the most common Hp Printer Problems it can happen on any other brand also.
We know that you are a little worried and searching for the troubleshooting steps to fix the Hp Printer Not Printing problem.
In this guide,
We are going to arrange a few methods that are necessary to fix Hp Printer Driver Unavailable issue.
How To Fix When Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable In Windows 10?
Curious to know how to fix hp printer driver unavailable issue? We are going to explain the answer to your question below, let’s have a look.
While printing any document or other file, you may have faced a driver-related issue with your Hp Printer.
To troubleshoot the error, here are some methods that will fix the issue when Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable.
1. Reinstall All Hp Printer Drivers
When you find that the driver of the Hp printer is not available, you need to reinstall all the drivers again.
- Remove the cable that is connected to the computer.
- Go to the “control panel and then select “Hardware and Sound” and finally “devices and printers”.
- Under the section of the printer, click right on the device.
- Choose “remove”.
- Now, you have to grant administrator permissions
- In the last, remove all the listed items from the printer one by one.
After doing so, follow the below-given steps to remove the entries from the Device Manager.
- Click right on the Start Menu of the computer.
- Select the option of “device manager”.
- Now, click on the “View” menu from the device manager.
- Click on “show hidden devices” to activate it.
- Search for all the items that are hiding under “Imaging devices, “printer”, and “printer queue”.
- Remove all the items one by one.
- When the items will be removed completely, close the window.
Additional Steps To Fix Hp Printer Driver Is Unavailable issue
- Load the Run dialog box on your windows by pressing Win+R.
- When the search box will be opened, type “printui.exe /s” and press enter.
- When the printer server properties window will be opened, go to the driver’s tab.
- Remove all the listed devices.
- Close the tab.
- On your computer, open the “C” disk.
- Enable “Show hidden files”.
- Open the folder of “Program Data”.
- If you find the folder of “Hewlett Packard” there, remove all the files and the folder when Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable.
When you will complete the whole mentioned process, restart the computer and the Hp Printer. When you turn on the computer and printer again, it will start searching for updated drivers.
Make sure that you have connected the computer with the wifi network.
This is one of the easiest methods to fix when a Hp Printer Not Printing because of a driver fault. Jump to the next methods if still, your printer driver is unavailable.
2. Change UAC Settings Of Printer
When windows attempt any kind of changes, the user account control in windows 10, 8, and 7 shows you the same.
Usually, these kinds of changes involve the admin or the user rights.
You just need to install all the required components and the printer driver. To activate them, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that you have logged in to your computer as an administrator.
- Open the control panel settings and change the settings of account control.
- Move the cursor of the mouse to the third level.
- Click on okay.
- If you will be asked to allow to make changes, click on yes.
3. Add Hp Printer Driver Manually
When your Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable, install the driver manually with the help below given steps:
This is one of the best and effective ways for how to fix the hp printer driver unavailable.
- Make sure you have already connected the Hp printer to the wifi.
- On your computer, open the “Control Panel”.
- Select the option of “View Devices And Printers”.
- Click right on the black space inside the window.
- Choose “add devices and printers”.
- Now, complete the process by following all the instructions given on the screen.
We know that you are madly searching on the web that “Why Does My Hp Printer Say Driver Unavailable”.
We have discussed above how to remove the outdated drivers. Hence, install the Hp Printer driver manually with the help of the below-given steps.
This is one of the best ways to fix HP Printer Problems related to drivers.
- Open the search box and type “update”.
- Click enter.
- From the list of options that are provided on your screen, choose “check for updates”.
- You will now see a list of all the available updates on your screen.
- Proceed to follow all the instructions given on the screen until the option of driver installation.
When the process will be completed, restart the PC and computer.
4. Plug And Play Printer Troubleshooting
In case you are having a plug and play printer, do follow the below-given steps:
- Remove the power plug of the printer and connect it again.
- When the wizard will appear on the screen, follow all the instructions given on that.
- If you have found that wizard doesn’t pop up, click on the start menu and open the settings.
- Select the option of devices.
- Go to the tab of printers and scanners.
- Click on “Add a printer or scanner”.
All the above steps are enough to fix when Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable in Windows 10.
Why Is Hp Printer Driver Unavailable In My Mac?
While printing from the Mac, you may sometimes receive the message that the driver unavailable on the printer.
In this condition, follow the steps given below:
1. Clear All The Printer Settings
- Open the Menu on your Mac computer.
- Go to the “system preferences” and select “printers and scanners”.
- Press the CTRL key and simultaneously click on a device.
- Click on “Reset printing system”.
2. Delete All The Existing Drivers
- Open the menu from the Mac computer.
- Select the option of “Go to folder”.
- Execute /Library/Printers/ .
- Select the option of Go.
- Now, you have to select all the files and click on edit.
- Either delete them all or move them to another folder.
3. Update The Hp Printer Software
With the help of software update preferences, download the latest version of the Hp printer driver when Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable.
When all the Hp printer drivers will be completely updated, restart the devices.
To check if still Hp Printer Not Responding, try to print something from your printer.
Why Is Hp Printer Driver Unavailable?
If you have found that your printer is not a printer and says that the Hp Printer driver is unavailable. It may be possible that you haven’t updated the Hp printer drivers for a very long time. Hence, update the drivers now and your printer will start working again.
How To Fix When Hp Printer Says Driver Is Unavailable?
One of the best and easiest ways to fix a Hp Printer Driver Unavailable issue is by reinstalling all the latest updates to the printer and deleting all the outdated updates.
You can easily find the latest updates from the official website of the Hp printer. So, connect your device with the internet first and open the web.
If you still want the expert’s help then do call on given helpline numbers now. We have a team of technicians who can fix any Hp Printer Problem in a short period of time.