“Hp Printer Showing Offline, What Should I Do”? This is the question that has been searching on the web by numerous Hp Printer users. In reality, it can’t be said clearly why this issue occurs.
Somehow, we have researched and managed to find a number of reasons why the Hp Printer Is Offline. In addition to that, you will be told all the methods to fix the issue for you.
Hence, the next time, when you will face a similar issue, it would be easy for you to troubleshoot it with the help of the below-mentioned reasons. So, don’t think much and start following all the steps.
Why Is My Hp Printer Showing Offline?
If your Hp Printer Says Offline there could be a number of following reasons. We are going to mention all the reasons below so that you will get an idea about why your printer is not working.
- “Use Printer Offline” Mode Should Not Be Selected.
- Set your Hp Printer As Default Printer.
- Hp Printer Driver Unavailable.
- Outdated Hp Printer Driver.
- Spotty Internet Connection.
- Printer Is Placed Far From The Router
Hp Printer Is Offline How To Fix It?
Hp Printer Offline issue can be fixed easily with the help of some easy steps. Here are some of them:
1. Make Sure “Use Printer Offline” Mode Is Not Selected
Your Hp Printer Showing Offline because you have selected “Use Printer In Offline Mode”. Hence, you need to make sure that this option is not selected. To check the same, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu and then click on “Settings”.
- From the “Devices”, choose “Printers And Scanner”.
- For all the printers that are listed there, click right on the name of your Hp Printer.
- From the menu, unselect “Use Printer Offline”. Doing this will get your HP printer again in online mode.
2. Set Hp printer As Default To Fix Offline Issue
If your Hp Printer is Offline in Windows 10 or in any other operating system then here are the steps that need to follow:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows+R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Click on OK.
- Tap on “Devices And Printers”.
- If you will see a green checkmark on the name of your Hp printer model, it means it is already saved as default.
- If there is no checkmark then click right on the printer and set it as the default printer.
- After doing that, your Hp printer will start working again and the Hp Printer Showing Offline issue will be fixed.
3. Update The Driver
Most of the time HP Printer Not Printing and showing in offline mode because of an outdated printer driver. Here are the steps to update Hp Printer Driver:
- In the Windows search, find the option of “Device Manager” and click on it.
- Expand the section where you see “Printer”.
- When the section will be expanded, search for your printer model and click right on ‘Update Driver”.
- Now, click on “Search Automatically” and wait for the time printer will search for the available driver. When the process will be completed and the Hp Printer Showing Offline issue will be fixed, restart the printer.
- In case you want to reinstall the driver of the printer, open the “Control Panel” and tap on “Remove Programs”. Uninstall the existing Hp Printer driver and then download the updated driver from the official website of the Hp Printer.
When you will update the Hp Printer Driver, you will never face the issues like Hp Printer Driver Unavailable, Printer Not Responding HP, etc.
4. Check Printer Spooler Settings
If you will stop the Hp Printer spooler settings, your Hp Printer may show Offline. This is why follow the below-given steps:
- On your computer, open the Run dialog box and then type “Services. MSC”.
- Click on OK.
- You will then see a list of options on your screen. Choose “Print Spooler”.
- To stop the print spooler services, click right on it and choose “STOP”.
- From the “Windows File Explorer”, click on the Address Bar and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer.
- Click on OK.
- To clear the printer queue, you will now have to delete all the files from the spooler folder.
- Now, go to the Print Spooler option again and choose “Start” by clicking right on it.
- After this, restart the printer and the computer.
Other Important Factors To Fix The Problem
After following all the steps mentioned here, if you have found that still your Hp Printer Showing Offline, these factors can be responsible.
- If you are having a wireless Hp printer then make sure that the printer and computer are connected with the same wifi.
- When your Hp Printer is configured with the computer, don’t forget to reboot your system.
- Check the device for Hp Printer Paper Jam, low ink levels, and voltage fluctuations. All of these factors could be responsible for your Hp Printer Not Printing properly.
- Make sure that your internet is working perfectly because a faulty internet connection is one of the main reasons behind the Hp Printer Offline issue.
- Check the configuration of the Hp Printer with the help of the below-given steps:
- Open Hp Configuration Screen.
- From the settings, click on the “Networking Tab”.
- From the drop-down menu, select the IP address option.
- Choose the Manual Setting option and don’t forget to enter the accurate IP address.
When you will follow all of these steps your printer will start working again like before.
If you want to avoid Hp Printer Showing Offline to you then it is necessary to check the internet connection, and the driver of the Hp printer should be installed properly and updated. When you will update the driver constantly, you will never face issues like this.
Even after following this guide, if you have found that still Hp Printer Not Printing then does call us on given helpline numbers. Our experts will look into the matter and provide you appropriate methods.