Do you ever face any trouble while using Hp printers? Don’t worry if your answer is yes because that is very normal to face difficulties while dealing with the printers. In this guide, we will first tell you how to do the Hp printer setup and then we will discuss the methods for Hp Printer Troubleshooting.
Look for the Hp printer problem that you are troubling with and read the given methods to resolve the issue.
Are you ready?
How to Do Hp Printer Setup?
We will start HP Printer Setup, before that we will complete all the printers requirements
Prepare for printer setup
- Make sure that your printer is in ready state
- Now, you have to take a USB cable less than 3m
- We would like to suggest that you insert the USB cable into the available USB port only. Don’t use any USB hub as your printer will not get enough power
- If you have connected the USB cable to the printer already before installing the driver then follow the steps given below:
- First, disconnect the cable from the computer and don’t connect it until you won’t install the driver
- Open the search bar and type “devices”
- Open “Devices and Printers” from the list of options
- Now, you just have to click right on the icon of your printer and choose “remove device”
- Close the window and then continue to the next step
Install the driver
To complete the network connection, first, you have to install the driver of your printer. To do so, open the web and search for the model of your printer.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instruction given on the screen
- Complete the installation process
- If anything wrong happens then make sure that you have downloaded right printer driver
- Now, try to print something from your Hp printer
This is how you can complete the Hp printer setup easily
After completing the process of Setup for HP Printer, we will now move forward towards the steps for Hp Printer Setup wifi
How to Setup HP Printer Wireless?
We will complete the setup via two ways i.e automatically and manually
Method 1: Connect Automatically
Computer and network should be compatible
Your computer should meet the following needs, let’s have a look:
- Running windows on your computer should be vista, OS*10.5
- Make sure that your computer is connected with a good speed of internet connection
- Your computer must support to use dynamic IP address and not the static one
- The operating system of your computer system must be in control of wifi connection
- The computer should support wireless connection
Download Printer’s Software
Now, you have to download the software of your printer. To do so, simply enter the model of your printer and download the software
Open the file
When the file will be downloaded properly, open, and install the software properly to your computer system.
Turn On the Hp printer
Now, it time to turn On the Hp printer with your lucky hands
On your computer display, you will see the instructions to reach to “network” settings. After doing that, you have to choose the option of Network(ethernet/wireless)
Locate the printer
Now, you just have to click on “yes, send my wireless settings to the printer”. This will help you to locate the printer as well as send the information on the wireless network.
Wait for a while
Your device may take a little time to connect with the wifi so you have to wait for a while. Once the printer is connected, you will get a confirmation message on the screen of the printer.
Finish the process
Complete the Setup for HP Printer and start using your Hp printer.
After this, we will move forward toward the methods of Hp printer troubleshooting steps.
If you have failed to connect the printer automatically then try these steps to connect the printer manually.
Method 2: connect manually
Install the software of the printer
The very first thing that is necessary to complete the setup manually is to install the software on your computer system.
Although the software will install automatically once, you will connect the printer via USB cable. If not, then you can either download it through browser or installation CDs
Turn the printer ON
Now, make sure that you have connected with a power source and then press the power button
Activate the touch screen
It’s good if your printer has a touch screen, if not, then connect your printer to the computer system via USB cable.
If you have already installed the printer then you need to uninstall it in order to complete the wireless network.
Click on Setup option
From the screen of the printer, find the setup option. From the list, click on the “wireless” tab.
After doing that, click on “Network”.
Click wireless network wizard
Now, you have to click on the wireless network wizard which will help you to search for wireless network
Choose your network
It’s time to choose the network that belongs to you. If you are unable to see the name of your network then choose it from the list by scrolling down.
Enter the password
To confirm that the network belongs to you only, you have to enter the password of your wireless network.
In case, you have a WPS button on your router then you can instead press it for at least three seconds.
One more thing, don’t forget to save your password.
Hp Printer Troubleshooting Methods for Hp printer problem
After completing the Hp printer setup, now we will see how to deal with Hp printer problems that may interrupt you while working.
Hp Printer Paper Jam
The issue of Hp printer paper jam is one of the most irritating issues of the hp printer.
Behind this issue, there could be several issues which include dirty or wrong size paper used, rollers are worn down.
If you are dealing with the same problem then you don’t need to think more as we have found some Hp Printer troubleshooting steps for the same.
- The first thing that you can do to resolve the issue is, check if you are using the right size of papers
- Open the printhead of the printer and if found any papers that may be stuck inside the roller, remove it. Don’t try to remove it forcefully, use your both hands gently or take the help of some expert
- Clean the paper roller again
- Turn the printer off for a while and start it again.
- This time only use the right size of printing papers and of good quality.
Hp Printer printing faded black
We have found some of the common reasons behind the issue of Hp Printer faded printing. Let’s have a look
- Low printing ink
- The density of the printer set to low
- Economode turns on
To resolve this issue of yours, follow the below given Hp Printer troubleshooting steps
- The very first thing that you have to do is to check the ink tank of your printer. If your printer is running on low ink level then insert new ink cartridges
- It may also be possible that you have set the density of the printer to low. This is why you are troubling with Hp Printer Printing faded black
- If the economy is turned On, then go to the settings of Hp printer and turn it off now
Hp laser printer ghosting issue
Ghosting is the issue when you will get two printing images, one print properly and another one would be the lighter copy.
The main cause behind this issue could be the power outlet.
Below, we have provided enough steps to resolve this issue, let’s have a look:
- Check the power cable of the printer
- If found faulty then replace it with a new one
- Check if you have inserted the power cable correctly.
- Try to plug the printer into another power source
The printer is not printing from the expected tray
There are times when the Hp printer starts printing from the wrong tray in place of the expected tray.
Hence, you have to check two places to resolve this issue i.e. look on the printing PC and the other one is the printer.
To resolve this issue, open the properties of the printer and open the tray selection source.
Apart from this, match the size of the paper in the control panel and that should match the number of papers in the paper tray.
Toner does not stay on the paper
In case, you are getting a printing paper in which the words and images are coming off. Behind this issue, there could be possible reasons which include a damaged fuser assembly and defective toner cartridges.
Hp printing troubleshooting steps:
To troubleshoot the concern, you have to replace the fuser assembly first. Here, we have said to replace it instead of repair.
If you will try to repair the assembly then it won’t work out for more time.
Apart from this, try to troubleshoot the concern by replacing the toner cartridges. If there is any toner that is s[pilled then try to clean it.
HP Printer is Offline How to Fix
If your Hp printer offline and you are looking for it’s the solution then try the below-given troubleshooting tips:
1. Check Printer and Network connection
The very first thing that you can do to resolve Hp Printer offline issue is to check all the cables if inserted properly or not. If you have found that all the cables are inserted properly then check your network connection.
There are chances that your wifi router is not working fine. Hence, call your network service providers now.
2. Close “use printer offline”
The second thing that you can do to troubleshoot Why is My HP Printer Offline is to change the settings of your printer.
To do so, follow the steps that have been given below:
- Press “Window+1” key on your keyboard and then click on “devices”
- From there, click on the “printers and scanners” tab and then choose the printer device.
- From the option of “printer device”, click on “Open queue”
- When the new window will be opened, click on “printer” and uncheck “use printer offline”
3. Set default printer
- Open the settings of “printers and scanners”. Choose the option of “open queue” from the printer device
- Click on “printer” and choose the option of “set as default printer”
4. Try to fix it via services
We would like to suggest this method to you when you use a WSD port, if not then you can skip this step
- Open the settings of “printers and scanners”. Choose “Open queue” and click on the option of “printer device”
- To expand it, click on “printers” and choose the option of “properties”
- From the “properties” window, skip to the tab of “ports”.
- Now, you can check if your printer uses a WSD port
Now, follow the steps given below if your printer uses a WSD port. These steps will change to “service” settings
- In the start menu, click on “services”. Choose the best match result and open it
- With the help of your mouse or keyboard, scroll down to the option “Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication”
- After that, check the “startup type” columns and “status”. If you have found that the status is not running then click right on it and choose the option of “start”. To set “startup type” automatic, right-click on the option and change the settings to automatic
If the issue still not solved then follow the steps given below:
- From the “wireless menu” or “printer settings”, print a “Network Configuration Report”
- Return to the port tab of the printer and click on “add port”. From there, select “Standard TCP/IP Port” and click on the “new port. You can then use the information that has been given on “ Network Configuration Report”
5. Create manual IP connection
- From the “network settings”, print the page of network configuration. Under the setting of network connection type, check the status if connected or not.
- If you have found the status is not connected then check the network. After doing that, try to find the subnet mask, IP address, and default gateway for the network connection type.
- Click on the apply button and save the settings
This was all the steps for Hp printer troubleshooting
If you Hp printer is not responding in an effective way then try to follow the steps that have been given below:
Check the printer
If your Hp printer is not responding correctly then there are the chances that you have not connected the wires properly.
The first thing that you should do is to check if the printer is in offline mode or not. In addition to that, check the printing papers in the loaded tray.
Don’t forget to check the ink inside the printer before printing.
After checking all the above things, restart the printer and then try to print something out of it.
If the issue still persists then move forward to the next method.
Reset Hp printer
Many times just being a simple resetting, the Hp printer starts working. To reset the printer follow the steps that have been given below:
- Open the “system preferences” first
- Now, click on “print & fax, printers, and scanners, or print and fax”
- Inside the printers window, click right button anywhere you want and proceed to “Reset printing system”
- In the confirmation window, click on “reset”
- Enter the name and the password of the administrator and click on an OK tab to reset
This is how you can easily reset your printer to troubleshoot Hp printer not responding concern
Hp Printer 79 Error
If your hp printer is displaying the 79 error then there is a problem with your network print server which used to service the printer.
Follow the given Hp printer troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
- Check if there are any pending printing jobs left. To do so, open the printer folder from the Start menu.
- Turn Off your Hp printer and then wait for at least 30 seconds. Turn again the printer ON
- Don’t use the surge protector. If you are using any then remove it and plug it directly into the socket and turn On the printer
- When the printer will be turned On, update the firmware if there is any update available
- Delete all the printer jobs which are pending
- Contact Hp printer helpline number if you face any kind of issue
If your Hp printer Not printing In black then follow the steps that have been given below:
Clean the printer printhead
When the HP Printer Problem with Printhead persists, you will face the issue of Hp Printer not printing in black.
To clean the printhead of the hp printer, turn off your printer and then open the printhead. Take a cloth and clean the inside of the printer carefully.
After that, wait for a while and turn On your Hp printer to check if the issue still persists.
Check the ink level
The reason why you are facing a Hp printer not printing in black could be your low ink level.
Open the cartridge of the printer and if found low ink level then replace it with a new Ink cartridge.
Open Hp printer troubleshooter
If all the above steps failed to resolve the issue then try to fix it via hp printer troubleshooter.
Run the Hp printer troubleshooter and it will tell the main cause behind the trouble.
In case nothing will work out for you then call us via HP Printer Customer Service number now.
Hp Printer Not printing in color
There are times when our HP Printer Won’t Print in color. In that case, follow the steps that have been given below:
Reasons behind the issue
- Faulty network connection
- Bad configuration in windows
- Low ink
- The printer is not set as default
Methods to resolve hp printer not printing in color
Check printer status
Check if you have inserted all the cables properly or not. In addition to that, check if you have put enough printing papers in the paper tray. Apart from that, check the printhead of the printer and if you find any paper stuck inside the printer, remove both of your hands carefully.
There are chances that the ink toner inside the Hp printer is empty. Check the cartridges and if found empty then replace it with a new one.
Check the cartridges
If the printer is running on faulty cartridges then also you will face with Hp printer not printing in color
- Remove the front cover of the printer
- Take out the cartridges now
- If found any cartridges expired then replace it with a new one
Methods to clean the printhead
Follow the steps that have been given below to clean the printhead of the printer. This will help you to troubleshoot the issue Hp printer not printing in color.
- On the printer, press and hold the resume button for at least 6 times simultaneously. This will help to clean the printhead of the printer in a mild wash
- If the issue still persists then try next step
- Repeat the first step again and this time press and hold the resume button 5 times. This will clean the printer in a moderate wash
- Even after trying all given steps the issue still persists then repeat the same step but press and hold the button for 7 times. This will clean your printer with a deep wash
If nothing works to put in your favor then try the below-given steps:
- Open “settings” from the start menu
- Click on “devices”
- Right-click on “printers” and open the option of “properties”
- From there, choose the option of “printing preferences”
- Go to the option of “paper quality” and choose “color”
- Click on OK
How To Resolve Printer Double-Sided Trouble?
If you want to troubleshoot the issue of Hp printer not printing double-sided, then try the steps that have been given below
- Check the number of papers that you have inserted into the paper tray. The paper should be enough to be printed.
- Open the file that you want to print
- Choose the option of “file” and click on “print”
- If found it necessary then you can also click on “show details”
- Click on “double-sided printing” from the print dialog box
- From the tab of the unnamed print options menu, click on layout and then print it
After following the given steps, if you have found that two-sided is not available then try below-given steps
- Open the settings manually
- Choose from the options of rear-loading paper input tray or front-loading paper input tray
- Click on the unnamed menu which you will find at the center of the window. From there, open “odd only” from “pages to print” menu
- Choose the type of printing that you are using and click on OK button
To troubleshoot the issue of Hp printer driver unavailable, follow the below given ways
- Reinstall the printer driver
- Manually install the driver of Hp printer
Reinstall the printer driver
What usually happens is, people, don’t install the driver of the printer correctly and end up facing similar issues.
- Press the window+R key on the keyboard
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” into the keyboard
- Find out the driver of the hp printer and uninstall it immediately
- Now, connect your computer with a good speed of internet connection
- Open the official site of Hp printers
- Search the printer driver that matches with your printer model
- Download the file to your computer system
- Open the file and by following all the instructions given on the screen, install it
- Try to print something from your printer now
Manually install the printer
If the above-given method won’t work out for you, then try below given Hp printer troubleshooting steps
- Open the search bar on your desktop and type “updates”
- Press enter now
- From the list that will show on the desktop, choose the available update for your Hp printer
- Click on the update that is available
- Install the update successfully
- Try to print something now
How to reset the Hp printer password?
To reset the password of the hp printer, follow the steps that have been given below:
- Connect your Hp printer network with the computer system
- Go to the printer’s EWS page
- When the EWS page will be opened, click on the network section
- Click now on the icon of Hp wireless direct available on the top side. After that click on edit settings
- Then, you will have to enter a new password again and then re-enter it so as to confirm
- Click on the “apply” tab
How to change the password of the Hp printer?
If you want to change the password of the Hp printer, follow all the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Open the control panel and from the list click on “devices and printers”
- Choose the hp printer form the list that belongs to you
- Click right
- Open the properties
- After that, you will see the option of password, enter your current password there
- Then, you need to enter a new password
- Enter the same password again to make it confirm
Hp Printer Memory Low
Before proceeding toward the solution, let’s first find out the causes:
- The memory of the printer is maxed by fonts, macros, or faxes
- The current print job may be using the downloaded macros or fonts
- The current print job is very complex
- The firmware of the printer is out of date
Troubleshooting steps for Hp printer:
- Either press ok or press cancel to finish the printer jobs
- To increase the available memory, delete all the stored faxes
- Now, turn off your hp printer and delete all the stored macros or fonts. This will help you to clear the temporary memories
- Try to copy, fax, or print something
- If you are still dealing with the issue then update the firmware of the printer
- From the control panel, print the configuration report
- Go to the official website of Hp printers and search for your printer model
- Click on software, drivers and firmware on the product page
- Expand the section of “firmware” by scrolling down
- Check the version of firmware by clicking on “details”
- If you have found any new version of the firmware, then download the file
- Open the file update the firmware by following all the instructions given on the screen
How to find the network security key for the hp wireless printer?
To find the network security key for the hp wireless printer follows the steps that have been given below:
- First, make sure that all the connections on the router are properly secure and correct
- Check your computer properly if it is connected properly with the router or not
- Now, open the folder that contains the network connection for your computer system. If you are a window user then press the “start button” and then click on “control panel”
- Open “network connections”
- Now, right-click on the icon of the router and check it’s status
- Click on the tab of “support”
- Now, write down the number that has been given as the default gateway.
- Open a new window
- Into the address bar, write the number of the default gateway that you have copied or written
- This will help you to bring to the routers page
- Check the settings of the router titles as “security key”
- This will help you to tell you about the security key of that router
And this is How to find the network security key for the hp wireless printer easily. If you have tried all the steps that have been given above and still face the trouble then call on given Hp printer helpline number
In a nutshell…
In this article, we have discussed How to setup Hp printer which then followed by Hp printer troubleshooting methods for several Hp printer problems
Although all the given steps are enough to resolve the issues,
In such a case that you face any trouble then without worrying call us on Hp Printer Helpline number.